There are many small apartment furniture layouts that can be put into effect to create extra living space within a tight living room space. The key principle for a small apartment interior design layout is the same as it is for a large room: arrangement and choice of furniture. The small living room should have open floor plans with plenty of room to move around. The furniture used in the small apartment space should fit well into space, yet be durable enough to hold all of the necessary items for everyday use. Here are some small apartment interior design ideas to help you get the best use of the space that you have available.
Most often the smallest space that is allowed for a living room or bedroom is a studio apartment. This space can be efficiently utilized by breaking it up into separate areas with furniture that corresponds to the size of the area. The layout of a small living room can be rearranged into small sections of a larger space without much loss of space. Here are some small apartment interior design layouts for your consideration.
- Using a sectional sofa bed as the main bed in a single lounge room. Use accent tables around the perimeter of the sofa bed to provide extra storage or side tables. Then utilize the remaining space for more cabinets, storage boxes, or even a coffee table. Your entire space will then be utilized for one large storage space for all of your belongings. This is a simple layout that maximizes space usage while using very little valuable room.
- Using two single seated sofas as the primary seating in a small apartment. You can later add a second sofa to each of the two single-seater sofas. You may want to use a sofa bed as the bottom seating in the sofas to make them look like an actual bed. Place an entertainment center underneath the center section of the sofa bed to hold your entertainment devices. You can use decorative pillows for your living room to dress it up.
- Using wall-covered mirrors as one of the small apartment furniture layout’s main items. They make the appearance of a bigger space by reflecting light and making the room appear larger than it actually is. Wall-covered mirrors come in many different styles to fit your decor. If you choose to put one wall-covered mirror in place, you can later choose to cover the other walls as well in order to maintain the same large space. Mirrors help to improve the small living room’s appearance because they make it seem larger than it really is.
- Using mirrored accent tables as one of the small apartment furniture layout’s main items. Just as with the ballad pieces, mirrors also come in many different styles. You can choose from clear ones to frosted ones and even ones that have a frosted finish. You can find both tabletops and chairs made of mirrors. Adding a mirror over an existing table will also help to add some spice to your apartment.
- Using an Ottoman to prop your feet up on when using the bed as the seating in the room. An Ottoman is a great way to get your feet up off of the flooring, and this helps to prevent your back from hurting during the day. When using an Ottoman in your studio apartment layout ideas, you can later add a couch or love seat to space. Couch seats offer you more seating areas in a smaller space, while loveseats are ideal if you are limited in space.
- Using coffee tables with glass tops as one of your small apartment furniture layout’s main items. You can choose furniture with large, rectangular tops to match your large windows, or you can choose furniture with larger square or round tops to match your small windows. Glass tops allow sunlight to shine in, and they are beautiful when you are choosing furniture for your small apartments. Also, choosing a coffee table with a glass top gives you an opportunity to showcase your favorite artwork or decorative pieces.
Sandy Allen loves to craft and do art. She conducts seminars and online classes about it. She currently lives with her husband and two kids which are also fond of arts and crafts and have it as their favorite pastime and activity.